Friday, March 2, 2012

A Special Present

The Back Story
I have been taking a cake decorating class in preparation for my daughter's first birthday party.  After each class there is a cake or cupcakes that I get to bring home.  Well my husband and I have put on a few pounds since I started my cake decorating venture and we collectively decided that we did not need to eat any more cake or cupcakes so my husband has been taking my treats from class up to his work. 

The Story
My husband works for a really cool company where they treat their employee's really well.  The other day the company had a employee appreciation lunch and gave away prizes.  One of his coworkers won a Circut Cake machine (which is like a $300 prize).  She ended up giving the prize to my husband to give to me because she knows (from the cakes I have sent) that I have been trying to decorate cakes.  When my husband came home and told me I was so overwhelmed that someone could be that generous and thoughtful.  I decided that cupcakes would be the best thank you.  I designed the "Thank you decorations" and put my piping skills to work and this was the finished product